- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Business Applications
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies. We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
We serve large enterprise customers and keeping our platform highly reliable, running at high performance, and secure is extremely important. We are treating operations the way we think about building software, and forming an SRE team to support this transformation.
The SRE team will be responsible for the availability, resilience and performance of our systems by helping evolve our systems towards these goals, building automation and tooling, and owning incident management. Here’s more information about our Engineering culture, values, and interviewing process.
How you will make an impact:
One of our explicit goals as a company is to cultivate a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of talented Engineers and thinkers is small, lean, empathetic, and balanced. As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide the expertise on how to build, test, monitor, and deploy scalable applications. You will develop, define, and document what the standards are for production, operations, and our growing resilient infrastructure.
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you’ll get to:
- This is a software engineering role (60% of your time) where you will focus on automation and improving production and operations resilience
- Design and develop improvements, focused on resilience, to our production systems to achieve and surpass SLOs
- Designing and implementing, & monitoring and logging systems at scale
- Evolving systems towards improved reliability and scalability
- Participate in the on-call rotation as one of the first responders, helping others efficiently and effectively troubleshoot, identify, and solve problems that are impacting customers.
- Participate in blameless Incident Retrospectives to understand root causes, communicate learnings, determine remediation and make us better and closer as a team.
- Help improve our operational practices to minimize service disruptions
- Track and communicate operational metrics surrounding incidents and the health of our systems
- Serve as an important point of contact for our customers to ensure they understand our efforts on their behalf
- Instrumenting production systems, collecting metrics, and improving observability
- Troubleshooting application, network, and database performance issues
- Developing process, procedure and reporting on systems and team health metrics
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience developing software focused on systems and operational automation in a large-scale distributed environment
- Experience scaling complex systems for operational resiliency
- Recent experience with algorithms, complexity analysis, and software design
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure on AWS or similar
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
- For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $138,000/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
- Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Itera