- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.Iterable on 2021 List of Best Places to Work in Colorado
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies. We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
You love leading Engineering teams and delivering winning products. You have hands-on technical expertise in building systems technologies for large-scale data. You are first a leader, then a manager, and an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with elegant solutions and feel satisfaction from helping others.
How you will make an impact:
You will lead the team that oversees Performance Engineering supporting Iterable’s main product and working with the Engineering Leaders to achieve Iterable’s reliability and performance goals. This team is directly responsible for building, scaling, and maintaining our performance tests and systems to validate our products. Our software handles terabytes of data daily and we have invested in making our systems efficient. As a technical leader, you will grow and help the team improve and achieve enterprise-grade components.
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Build our small (but growing) Engineering team
- Establish the necessary processes to achieve the best possible product
- Manage complex technical projects and provide architectural guidance
- Provide improvements that help our infrastructure to be enterprise-ready, leading projects ranging from seed plans to customer-focused enhancements
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive, and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision
- Work with Engineering leaders to set technical direction
- Work with other teams throughout Engineering to understand scale and validate feature or product performance
- Set team-level and Engineering best practices around infrastructure, scalability, and performance
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in the software industry, including time as an individual contributor
- Experience as a Manager
- Experience managing teams that work on large-scale web or mobile applications
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Java/Scala and the Play Framework, AWS , Elasticsearch, Bash & Unix-based systems, Redis, Postgres, and RabbitMQ
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself, and the team around you
- Experience in recruiting, managing engineering teams
- Industry experience building and delivering enterprise-grade software for large-scale data.
- Technical expertise in data modeling, distributed systems technologies, and cloud deployment (provisioning, multi-tenancy, frameworks, and tools for system monitoring, logging).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles.
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure, Site Reliability, or Performance Engineering teams
- Experience with Performance metrics and tooling
- Experience building an enterprise SaaS product
- Experience in the email marketing or marketing automation industries
- Open-source software contributions
- Experience through conference talks, blog posts
- Experience with AWS, Scala, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Pulsar, and Kubernetes
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.