- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies. We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
Writers at Iterable have the unique opportunity to shape the design of our product, cultivate the way our customers experience it, and give them the information they need to achieve their goals.
In this role, you’ll be on the Product Design team. You’ll get deeply involved in the creation of new features, and you’ll write UX copy that brings Iterable’s personality to life and keeps our customers productive, informed, successful, and happy. You’ll become an Iterable expert, and you’ll use your deep customer empathy—and relationships with teams across the company—to write documentation that explains the product, describes best practices, gives users new ideas, and answers all the relevant questions. You’ll test new features as they’re being created, help release them to our customers, and write docs to help resolve common support requests. You’ll report to the Manager of Technical Writing.
One of our core values is growth mindset, and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply—we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond those listed in the job description.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Write UX copy and product documentation for new and updated features.
- Update and clarify our voice and tone guidelines, scaling our ability to write consistent UX copy.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define new features, understand their requirements, and document them comprehensively.
- Test features and updates before they’re released, providing feedback and advocating for bug fixes and UX improvements.
- Improve the information architecture for Iterable’s documentation, ensuring that content is easy to consume—and to create.
- Edit and publish documentation content submissions from teams across the company.
- Define and track documentation quality metrics and use them to prioritize work.
- Coordinate product releases with the Product Marketing team.
- Innovate on the processes our various teams use when working together.
- Help maintain and improve the tools used to publish Iterable’s documentation.
We are looking for people who have:
- A history of writing consistent and delightful UX copy, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work.
- Experience writing and maintaining SaaS product documentation, with writing samples to share.
- The ability to kindly and directly articulate useful feedback to writers and UX designers.
- Experience working with Product, Design, Engineering, and Product Marketing teams in a fast-paced, agile, SaaS startup environment.
- Expertise in defining and maintaining success metrics and information architectures for technical documentation.
- A knack for testing pre-release software, finding bugs, and providing feedback.
- The confidence and humility to make decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Enthusiasm for writing API documentation.
- Fluency with Git, GitHub, Markdown, and REST APIs (and related concepts like HTTP, curl, Postman, JSON, etc).
- Marketing technology experience
- DevOps experience
- Experience with Zendesk Guide
- Experience creating technical diagrams, charts, and graphs
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.