- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Design & UI
JustPark is changing the way people move around our cities. With over 5m customers, we’re helping over 30% of motorists across the UK make smarter and more sustainable transport decisions. Our award-winning product is backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Index Ventures (Deliveroo, Skype) and LocalGlobe (Citymapper), and we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
But our ambition doesn’t stop there - we’re continuing to deliver innovative solutions that solve customer problems, from our leading P2P marketplace and EV charging network to our B2B platform and commercial offering.
JustPark is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the product design team and build a world-class parking product. This role would suit someone who is confident in delivering high quality design work and bringing in insightful opinions to a cross-functional team.
Why is this role exciting?
- JustPark is a leading digital peer-to-peer parking market place. Your work will bring impact to millions of market place customers and make their lives easier
- We’re in the middle of reshaping the customer experience and tackling more on EV drivers and space owners, it’s a great opportunity to expand the business and be a truly global leader
- We believe that exceptional engaging design is critical, you’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product stream, you have the autonomy and ownership of the work
What are your responsibilities?
You will be working collaboratively with the product, design and engineering team throughout all stages. You are a contributor to a good design process and ways of working, you raise the bar and inspire the team to push boundaries within an open environment.
- Play a key role in defining product direction and approaches, gain confidence and knowledge through user research and user testing
- Facilitate and contribute to product ideation and definition workshops
- Conduct regular user research and testing sessions, consolidate customer insights and provide advice to inform the product priorities
- Deliver high quality and polished designs, own design reviews and be open minded with feedback and critiques
- Partner closely with the product manager and the engineering team to ensure high implementation quality and consistency
- Work closely with other product designers and design lead, we offer regular knowledge sharing sessions at JustPark
- Manage personal priorities, contribute in backlog estimation and product roadmap
- A portfolio showcasing your experience and product design processes across a range of projects
- 3-5 years experience in designing for web, Android and iOS
- An inquisitive mind with a proactive approach to problem solving, and ready for challenges
- Advocate for user-centric design approaches
- A passion for creative collaboration across disciplines
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy
- Experience building and documenting design systems
- A logical approach to assessing tasks and prioritising effectively
- A hunger for learning and sharing knowledge
- What do we need from you?
- Design process - You have solid knowledge of product development cycle, and have experience of dealing with complex product challenges and delivering features
- User research - You are confident in user research, wireframes and prototypes, understand customer needs and business priorities. Aiming to deliver the best user experience but also understand trade-offs
- Discovery - You are flexible with different tools for wireframes, user flows, and storyboard
- UI - You have a good eye on design and have strong visual design skills, you are able to create high quality and appealing designs. By the way, we use Figma
- Design system - We love design system, you’ll be helping maintain and improve it and confident in using native patterns and design guidelines
- Prototyping - You’ll be able to create interactive prototypes, it’s a great way to test and communicate ideas
- Documentation - We use Notion for documentation
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done. So whether you need to work hours that suit you or occasionally workin remotely, we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer a range of benefits.
- Stock options
- Free lunch cooked daily
- Unlimited holiday
- Learning & development allowance
- Enhanced maternity
- Cycle scheme
- Monthly parking credit
- Team social budget, quarterly away-days and yearly retreats
- For more information on our values, how we work and why you should join the team, check out our careers page