- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Product Engineering
JustPark is a leader in its field. With over 5m registered customers we’re used by over 30% of motorists across the UK. Our award-winning product is backed by some of the world’s leading investors and we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
But our ambitions don’t stop there. Our product team is responsible for ensuring JustPark continues to deliver innovative solutions that solve customer problems - from our leading P2P marketplace and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging network to our B2B platform and commercial offering.
As we grow, we’re looking for a Product Owner, your role is to champion, develop and progress your products, ensuring they cater to the needs of a dynamic and scalable platform whilst delighting our customers – both internal and external.
Given the high-level strategy from stakeholders, you will determine the detail of what needs to be delivered, along with the prioritisation of those elements that will deliver maximum business value as early as possible. Within the software delivery squad, you will totally own the products therein, and will be responsible for defining clear user stories and deliverables, ensuring that the squad fully understands the business objectives and value.
Here’s an idea of your day to day:
- Gain detailed knowledge of the areas the products operate in, building strong relationships and understand how the business operates in relation to the technical domain
- Work closely with stakeholders and data squads to ensure expected business value, KPIs and measurement strategies are in place for all updates and deliverables for your product.
- Maintain your roadmap, ensuring it aligns to the strategic and business direction defined for your domain.
- Make day-to-day decisions on your product’s functionality / user experience, basing those decisions on knowledge of the business area, customer and data.
- Map existing and to be business processes in relation to the technical domain
- Be a trusted member of your squad, actively contributing to its health and promoting a culture of professionalism and honesty
- Be fully responsible for the creation of the product backlog and continually refine and prioritise balancing strategic goals and benefits with effort, risk and technical complexity.
- Work collaboratively to elaborate user stories and ensure the squad understands the acceptance criteria, goals and how success will be measured.
- Provide clarity and support to the delivery squad to achieve sprint goals and ensure work focuses on maximising business value.
- Explain complex scenarios / technology approaches in an easy to digest format for product stakeholders.
- Support and influence your product stakeholder with decision making given that they see you as a trusted advisor of the product.
You should apply if you have:
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5+ years
- Experience of owning products through their lifecycle from idea to delivering value
- Proven experience in successfully delivering measurable business value through software or initiatives you have defined
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Expertise in delivering value from Agile ways of working
- Experience enabling cross functional product squads to deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience in writing clear and succinct user stories with explicit acceptance criteria that have led to successful delivery
- At JustPark we work with people on their development. With that in mind it’s not essential that you tick all the criteria below - but it’ll give you a head start if you have some knowledge there.
- Experience/understanding of working on system re-architecture projects
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done. So whether you need to work hours that suit you or occasionally working remotely, we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer a range of benefits.
- Stock options
- Free lunch cooked daily
- Unlimited holiday
- Learning & development allowance
- Enhanced maternity
- Cycle scheme
- Monthly parking credit
- Team social budget, quarterly away-days and yearly retreats
- For more information on our values, how we work and why you should join the team, check out our careers page