- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
JustPark is looking for a talented Head of Engineering to lead our engineering teams, and help us take our productivity to the next level. Our team is growing and you’ll be helping us with everything from hiring and training new team members to managing exciting tech projects and preparing team budgets.
JustPark is changing the way people move around our cities. With over 5m customers, we’re helping over 30% of motorists across the UK make smarter and more sustainable transport decisions. Our award-winning product is backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Index Ventures (Deliveroo, Skype) and LocalGlobe (Citymapper), and we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
But our ambition doesn’t stop there - we’re continuing to deliver innovative solutions that solve customer problems, from our leading P2P marketplace and EV charging network to our B2B platform and commercial offering.
As the Head of Engineering, we want you to:
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects.
- Oversee the QA team and be responsible for overall quality of the engineering output.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations, particularly PCI and GDPR.
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines.
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools.
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment.
We would like you to have the following skills and experience:
- Work experience as a head of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department.
- Worked with external engineering partners to help deliver strategic projects.
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and scaling monolithic codebases.
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development, ideally with PHP and React experience.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and scaling teams.
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind.
It’s a bonus if you have experience with:
- Scale-up or Start-up businesses.
- E-commerce or marketplace businesses.
- Mobile app development.
- Steering a team through a period of rapid growth.
Advanced technical understanding of:
- Microservice Architectures
- Quality Assurance Methodologies and Implementation
- Information Security
- DevOps methodologies and principles
Ideally, you’ll have practical experience with:
- ELK stack (architectures and usage)
- Continuous Integration
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done. So whether you need to work hours that suit you or work remotely, we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer a range of benefits.
- Stock options
- Free lunch cooked daily
- Unlimited holiday
- Learning & development allowance
- Enhanced maternity
- Cycle scheme
- Monthly parking credit
- Team social budget, quarterly away-days and yearly retreats
- For more information on our values, how we work and why you should join the team, check out our careers page.