- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You take pride in your concise and professional communications. You can often figure out what needs to be done and how to do it, before anyone asks. You like to improve processes and you are highly organized about projects. You are planful, organized and adept at balancing competing priorities. You can hold your own with senior people inside and outside of a company.You have a friendly and approachable demeanor, and you enjoy working with employees across all departments.
As the Project Specialist, you will be an integral support for our VP, DEI, Social Impact and Sustainability. You will provide broad-based coordination and project support to the VP with a major emphasis on project management and execution. You will assist in coordinating projects that are collaborations across various teams as well as external partners and consultants. You will interact with other high-level people and companies outside of Justworks. We work hard and have high standards, and will expect the same of you.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Support projects as needed, managing timelines and key deliverables by setting and reminding team members of deadlines, seeking process improvements, and helping to problem solve.
- Sample projects may include, but are not limited to, events in partnership with external providers/associations, management of processes for conducting a materiality assessment, DEI-related projects, and large communication efforts.
- Track projects and provide regular updates on project status to team and key stakeholders.
- Leverage your working knowledge of our project management tools in order to effectively execute projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate with individuals and/or teams, align processes to deliver projects on time, within budget and in alignment with outlined objectives.
- Participate in meetings as requested, take notes and record important decisions and actions items.
- Prepare progress reports and presentations for senior management
- Perform administrative duties, as required, including maintaining content and records.
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Project Specialist to the VP of DEI, Social Impact & Sustainability, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - possess the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Detail orientation - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Organizational skills - using all relevant analytic and communication tools to keep projects on track, such as google sheets, google forms, slack, and email.
- Stakeholder management - understands internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs and acts fairly despite conflicting demands of stakeholders.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Prior experience providing administrative support for a business unit or corporate functional leader within a growth stage environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior related experience. Experience in a similar industry is preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for all levels including means suited for executive-level groups in a remote and in-person environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Strong command of productivity tools including GSuite, Slack and other tech solutions.
- Openness and willingness to complete small and large tasks, while also having the ability to stretch into new challenges.
- Agile, self-starter with a growth mindset and the ability and comfortable level to pivot in a fast-changing environment.
- Proactive, self-driven and highly motivated with a true sense of ownership from start to finish .
- Resilience, empathy and determination to advocate for Justworks commitment to DEI, Social Impact and sustainability.
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.