- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Business Development
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where no two days are alike! As a Jack of all trades who isn’t afraid to roll your sleeves up, you enjoy doing event planning, marketing, sales operations and whatever is necessary to get the job done. You are a natural networker with superior communication skills that can get any point across.
Justworks’ Business Development team is responsible for bringing in revenue through strategic partnerships. The Manager, Business Development and Partnerships (Broker Channel) will decide on how best to identify and source new partnerships with health insurance brokers, and then manage those relationships to set them up for success. This is a quota-carrying role within the sales organization that reports into the Senior Manager, Business Development and Partnerships (Broker Channel.)
The role is part 1) sales, in that this person should be able to sell a broker on the benefits of partnering with Justworks, 2) relationship management, in that this person will then nurture those partners and source referral business on an ongoing basis.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Prospect and set up meetings with brokers
- Keep an eye on competitor broker programs and benchmark accordingly
- Build relationships internally with account executives and other stakeholders in finance, marketing, business operations, etc.
- Travel to other US cities to grow the Broker channel in multiple markets (once it is considered safe to do so)
- Perform QBRs with top partners and devise new ways to nurture partner relationships
- Figure out how to deliver value back to brokers’ practices
- Hit quarterly revenue targets
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Business Development Channel Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge - the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a salesperson possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where no two days are alike
- Minimum of 5 years in a quota-carrying role, either in BD, partnerships or enterprise sales
- Track record of building strong relationships
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM (other systems like Tableau are a plus)
- Superior communication skills
- Jack of all trades, startup hustler who isn’t afraid to roll his/her sleeves up, doing event planning, marketing, sales operations, whatever is necessary
- Past experience selling into and/or networking with the broker community preferred but not required
- Strong network within the health insurance and/or broker community preferred but not required
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.