- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re a data practitioner with a strong track record for designing, building and deploying semantic data layers to best support self-service channels. You have a strong understanding on how to use data to answer complex business questions and are passionate about unlocking that capability across the organization. You enjoy working as part of a team and display an enthusiasm for working with stakeholders on complex problems. You have a keen sense of the big picture and can effectively drive projects towards realistic, yet rewarding business outcomes.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will be a key contributor in helping the organization derive more value from its datasets through scalable, modular design of our enterprise data models. You will work closely with data engineers and analysts to develop & iterate on technical data requirements and put data models into production. Your work will directly support enhanced operations and decision making as we improve the quality of our data assets and large scale data infrastructure.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Transform our raw data into business-ready datasets that are both query-able and easily understood by various business units (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Product, Eng, People Ops)
- Work cross-functionally with data analysts & engineering teams to define and iterate on data requirements and productionalize endpoints in support of various analytic and operational workflows
- Level up our information design and analytics engineering practices by defining our internal standards for style & maintainability for a high-scale data model code
- Ensure data quality by implementing re-usable data quality frameworks
- Support growth of analysts & engineers on the team and across other teams via feedback and mentoring
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it’s working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 5+ years of professional hands on experience transforming data into consistent, trustworthy datasets, and in developing DAGs to batch-process millions of records
- Expert proficiency in SQL and strong experience in at least one scripting or statistical programming language (Python, Ruby)
- Strong understanding of analytical data-warehousing concepts such as star schemas, slowly changing dimensions, MPP databases
- Strong ability to write clear, concise documentation, and to communicate with a high degree of precision about complex, technical topics
- Strong experience mentoring team members on technical projects
- Comfortable with Git, command line and CI/CD best practices
- Comfortable in managing workflows using Agile practices
- Plus: Experience w/ modern data stack tools (e.g. Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Looker or similar)
Ruby, Python, MySQL, AWS Redshift, Git, Tableau, Redash
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.