- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As the Director, Workers Compensation Claims you will lead the Justworks workers’ compensation claim team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced claims professional to build programs that will help mitigate risk exposures for thousands of small business owners. You will be part of a team that generates significant revenue to the organization and will be responsible for implementing strategies, improving operational efficiencies, and educating team members. As a leader at Justworks, you strike the balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your knowledge and expertise with your ability to pull up and help to set plans for the future.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Develop strategies to improve controls and operational procedures to increase financial performance of workers compensation program
- Elevate the industry acumen of the workers’ compensation claims team
- Train and educate Justworks leadership on claims processes, requirements, and best practices
- Conduct regular claim reviews with third party adjusters, insurance carriers and/or external vendors
- Partner with Customer Success to develop communication, awareness, and compliance regarding industry/legal requirements for our customers
- Work collaboratively with Justworks’ insurance brokers, insurance carriers, and vendor partners; recommend and implement new partnerships to improve risk controls and metrics
- Collaborate with Underwriting department to ensure stronger up front risk selection
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Director, Workers Compensation Claims, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Ethical Practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Good Judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analysis and assessment of implications, identification of patterns, making connections of underlying issues, and the ownership of the outcome
- Clear Communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding
- Analytical - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Solution Oriented - Identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Minimum 7 years workers compensation claims experience including responsibility for both medical and indemnity claims, familiarity with WC laws and compliance for all 50 states, and experience implementing claims cost reduction strategies
- Minimum 3 years experience developing and leading high-performance teams
- Ability to multitask, incorporating excellent analytical, organizational skills and flexibility, to prioritize work and deliver the maximum business value
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to adapt/learn new systems
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.