- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You see the bigger picture, but aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves up and get things done. You have an inquisitive mindset, but are a generalist that is drawn to multiple aspects of a business, including go-to-market strategy, business operations, and our competitive position in the marketplace. You are a self starter that is comfortable working with limited oversight, and are eager to partner with cross-functional stakeholders to help drive our growth initiatives.
You are eager to build relationships and partner with our senior leadership team, and are comfortable with operating in multiple time horizons.
If this sounds like you, there is an opportunity for you to join Justworks as a Senior Associate on the Strategy and Corporate Development team, and help drive our business into the next phase of growth.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Directly support new growth initiatives that capitalize on the business’s competitive position, diversify our revenue stream, and align with our long-term vision
- Support the strategic planning process and act as a trusted advisor to the business’s executive leadership team and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Own and drive special projects that directly support our CEO and COO
- Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to help define, track, and improve our go-to-market strategy
- Support our strategic planning process by conducting research and analysis that help inform leadership and other key stakeholders
- Directly support any inorganic growth initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Associate of Corporate Strategy, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business Insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Strategic Mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
- Plans and Aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Initiative and Motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Teamwork and Communication: Putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience working in management consulting, investment banking, strategic planning, and/or within an internal strategy & corporate development team
- You are worked alongside senior leadership, and are comfortable with having direct conversations and sharing your perspective
- You have experience with bringing strategy to life, and operationalizing it
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for data-driven storytelling
- You are analytical in nature, and like to use research and data to inform decisions
- You are highly collaborative and can pivot your approach to get to the best collective outcome
- You are a generalist who can quickly shift mindsets to support many aspects of the business
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.