- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Internal Audit at Justworks is a newly established function at a venture-backed startup and there is significant potential for professional growth
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be representing Internal Audit and actively partnering with business and risk stakeholders to assess and mitigate financial, operational and technology risks across the organization. This role presents a significant opportunity to: (i) execute major financial, operational, technology audits and special projects, (ii) offer solutions for complex business issues, (iii) interact with various levels of management, and (iv) be a strategic management advisor.
Key projects will include a combination of audit and management advisory work along with SOX initiatives
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Plan and perform integrated financial/operational/technology audits, and special projects with the Audit Director
- Support audit planning, entity monitoring, Enterprise Risk Management in accordance with IIA standards
- Evaluate risks, perform control assessments, report results, and make recommendations to improve internal controls over business processes, systems and financial reporting
- Track audit reporting and issue resolution to ensure that agreed upon actions are completed adequately by the appropriate stakeholders within the specified timeframes
- Coordinate with the external auditors to support the delivery of SOC and financial audits
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives, including establishment of continuous monitoring models across key business and IT processes and performance metric reporting
- Interact with senior and line level management in matters relating to internal controls and enterprise risks
- Support the design and delivery of risk and control awareness training
- Coach and review the work of internal and external resources performing control assessments and testing
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Internal Auditor, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Organizational awareness - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in internal audit, public accounting, finance, consulting and information systems audit
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field required
- Experience with financial, operational, SOX, SOC audits and technology audits covering IT general controls
- Exposure to enterprise level and process risks, control procedures, frameworks (COSO/COBIT), methodologies, agile audit and other leading audit techniques
- Well-versed in project management and a demonstrated ability to flex between being an independent contributor and a collaborative team member based on project needs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, problem solving and conflict management
- CIA/CPA/CISA preferred
- Experience at HR, Tech, SAAS companies would be useful
- Experience with process design, process improvement and/or Six Sigma techniques would be useful
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.