- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Internal Audit at Justworks is a newly established function at a venture-backed startup and there is significant potential for professional growth.
As a Senior IT Auditor, you will be representing Internal Audit and actively partnering with business and risk stakeholders to assess and mitigate technology risks across the organization. This role presents a significant opportunity to: (i) execute major integrated and technology audits, SOC and SOX reviews and special projects, (ii) offer solutions for complex IT risks, (iii) interact with various levels of management, and be a strategic management advisor.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Plan and perform integrated and standalone technology audits that meet IIA standards, with the audit director
- Support audit planning, IT risk monitoring, and Enterprise Risk Management
- Evaluate IT risks, perform control assessments, report results, and make recommendations to improve technology controls over business processes, systems and financial reporting
- Track audit reporting and issue resolution to ensure that agreed upon actions are completed adequately by the appropriate stakeholders within the specified timeframes
- Coordinate with the external auditors to support the delivery of SOC and SOX requirements
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives, including establishment of continuous monitoring models across key IT processes and performance metric reporting
- Support the design and delivery of IT risk and control(s) awareness training
How You Will Do Your Work
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in information systems audit at a public accounting firm, consulting firm or within Internal audit at a medium to large organization
- Exposure to enterprise level and process risks, control procedures, IT frameworks (NIST/ISO/COBIT), agile audit and other leading audit techniques
- Experience with evaluating IT general and application controls under the Sarbanes Oxley Act, cyber/information security, IT infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, etc.) and IT operations assessment, design, architecture and management
- Well-versed in project management and a demonstrated ability to flex between being an independent contributor and a collaborative team member based on project needs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, problem solving and conflict management
- Working towards or having obtained a CISSP/CISA is beneficial
- Experience at HR, Tech, SAAS companies would be useful
- Experience with IT process design, process improvement and/or Six Sigma techniques would be useful.
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.