- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are someone who loves using, testing and expanding your HR acumen. You are obsessed with employment law and its changing landscape at the federal, state and local levels. You put your people before all else, and are always thinking about how to develop their skills, provide them with new experiences, and grow their HR knowledge. You are comfortable handling challenging situations over the phone, with the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful. You can simplify and articulate complex legislation and legalese into clear, easy-to-understand terms. You are proactive and eager to take on projects to benefit the team and our customers!
HR Consulting is a high-value customer offering for Justworks, and a critical aspect of our Customer Success (CS) offering. As the Manager of HR Consulting, you will be a hands-on leader who will think and act both strategically and tactically to engage and support your team of HR Consultants while also acting as an HR subject matter expert across Justworks to inform the product and large-scale projects. The HR Consulting function is growing as Justworks and the CS department continue to expand. As such, you will have ample opportunity to help shape the vision and growth strategy for our HR Consultants and implement creative and collaborative customer and product solutions.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead a team of HR Consultants and/or Associate HR Consultants, supporting them in their day-to-day work and ongoing development as both HR and CS professionals
- Conduct 1:1s, lead regular team meetings, provide regular coaching and constructive feedback, prioritize quality assurance in your team’s customer interactions, and conduct annual performance reviews
- Communicate directly with customers, especially in escalated cases or situations where a second opinion is required
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer complex HR questions from customers, provide HR guidance and best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback
- Continue to expand the HR Consulting function by hiring, onboarding, and engaging top talent
- Collaborate with Product team on feature requests related to HRIS and compliance tools
- Oversee HR Consultants’ projects, such as writing customer help articles and blog posts, including vetting ideas and scope of projects, providing feedback and making edits
- Partner closely with Legal on upcoming legislation, how it impacts Justworks customers, and how we will best support them through the required changes
- Display a high level of professionalism and compassion when working with employees and customers
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, with an eye toward improving customer experience
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager, HR Consulting, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one’s decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in HR, ideally in-house corporate HR within the US - multi-state discipline strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of people management experience preferred
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- If not certified, certification must be obtained within the first four months of employment - Justworks will provide financial support
- Proven experience with mentoring and/or coaching fellow team members
- Previous customer service management experience a plus
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Experience in tech/SaaS a plus
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.