- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to join our Security team, focused on building tools, safeguards and countermeasures to continuously enhance our security posture as the threat landscape evolves. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated experience building security solutions to enhance security and defend against threats. You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of computing and DevOps practices. The candidate should also have experience in *Nix environment and the use of common cybersecurity tools.
What you’ll do
- Secure cloud infrastructure
- Build security tooling and automate detective controls
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create security requirements and deliver security risk assessments.
- Collaborate with Core Infra team to architect solutions, configure and secure cloud infrastructure
- Implement safeguards and countermeasures
- Coordinate threat modeling exercises and follows steps to remediate identified issues/gaps
- Enhance our testing, monitoring and continuous deployment infrastructure
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Detect and respond to security events and incidents
Who you are
- Minimum of 4 years of professional hands-on security engineering experience
- Experience securing cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on technical expertise building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure in code
- Experience evaluating, building, deploying and managing security tools
- Strong Fundamentals of computing and knowledge of key security principles, technologies, and processes
- Technical expertise design and/or implementing Cloud Computing technologies
- Experience deploying safeguards/countermeasures and automating monitoring and detection tools
- Current security certifications like GCIH GWEB, CEH, OSCP, CISSP, AWS and others are nice to have but not required
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.