- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As the Senior Manager, Procurement you will be responsible for all aspects of the procurement process for Justworks. You will be partnering with all businesses across the organization to provide support for their procurement needs. In addition, you will be responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures, and controls to increase procurement’s influence across the company.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Build and manage the Procurement team and function
- Work collaboratively with the Legal team to develop procurement policies and procedures and influence adoption and adherence to policies
- Provide guidance and support for the purchase order system currently being used in NetSuite
- Review and implement additional tools that will support and drive efficiencies and controls
- Manage procurement contracts for spend across the entire company
- Manage contract renewals, amendments, and work orders for vendors across the entire company
- Negotiate the best pricing possible; identify and mitigate wasteful spending
- Provide senior management with visibility and key terms for all vendor contracts
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across legal, finance, security and various business stakeholders that enable the procurement organization to provide support including initiation, project tracking, risk escalation and best practice sharing for all contracts
- Support the creation of vendor scorecards to measure and track vendor performance and risk
- Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve vendor performance and strengthen business partnerships
How You Will Do Your Work
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an organization performing vendor management, contract management, and/or bidding
- Track record of developing and implementing policies and procedures; NetSuite experience helpful
- Proficient data analysis skills (Excel)
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Experience working with fast-paced teams in a growing organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.