- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Do you love turning a really good product and engineering to be really great? Are you driven by getting things organized to make sense out of complicated multiple threads of work? Do you think about how to visualize them into something simple for non-technology people to understand? Do you embrace Agile as a principle?
Justworks is growing fast and we would love to have an experienced Technical Program Management leader like you to join us and create a robust yet simple way of delivering the results to our internal and external customers.
You will have an opportunity to define and organize how we deliver products our customers love, how we create scalable infrastructure and how teams work together to make that happen with Agile in mind.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and partner closely with senior Product & Engineering leaders and teams to help the team gain predictability, productivity, and maturity in how we deliver software to our customers. This role will be responsible for building and managing Agile-oriented technical project management practices across the organization.
- You possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- You value (in-person) relationships and camaraderie and you bring people from different roles and priorities together in organizing the work.
- You embrace servant leadership philosophy and supporting autonomous and self-organizing teams around motivated individuals.
- You are comfortable presenting to stakeholders regularly.
- Customer Centricity
- You prioritize customer satisfaction over tools & processes through iterative and incremental delivery of value.
- You embrace continuous delivery of customer value as a foundation of excellent software delivery.
- You value attention to technical excellence and good design to enhance agility and customer value.
- You think strategically about scaling up Agile and team adoption.
- You prioritize learning and embrace thoughtful changes.
- You promote the sustainability of the process.
- You love coaching the principles of Agile.
- You use data effectively to help the organization learn and improve, using working software as the primary measure of success.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 8 or more years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- You have experience building and managing a team of technical project managers, agile program managers and scrum masters.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- CSM, CPSO, CSD, SAFe certification would be plus. CPSO would be regarded and valued highly.
What You’ll Do
- You will establish and lead a Technical Program Management team within the engineering organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- You will collaborate with various functions in multiple business units across our fast-growing technology organization and help us deliver amazing customer experiences on a specific cadence.
- You will demonstrate Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally.
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams establish the rhythm in delivering great software.
- You will continuously assess our Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great software to our customers quickly, often and safely.
- You will promote, coach, train, and educate scrum masters, participants and stakeholders on the principles, practices, and value of Agile.
- You will establish and facilitate Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows.
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders.
- You will make decisions independently to reprioritize and manage workload, enhance Agile practices and create Agile delivery presentations.
- You will foster trust and collaboration across the teams; make it safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear.
- You will foster continuous collaboration and improvements across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- You will foster the continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.