- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
You will be responsible for building and managing a high performing team as well as develop and implement standard project management guidelines throughout the organization. You will be responsible for delivering large, complex engagements within Justworks. These engagements can include systems implementations combined with software development, systems integration and data conversion, as well as other large-scale technology implementations to name a few.
As the Director, you will provide overall leadership, vision, strategic planning and oversight for Justworks. You will be responsible for overseeing that we are delivering various types of projects from mid to large, complex projects, which impact multiple business units within Justworks. As part of your responsibility, you will develop and grow high performance project management talent. In order to provide oversight and build high performance team talent, this will require you to have a full spectrum of knowledge in terms of implementation, software development, and knowledge in multiple disciplines.
What you’ll do
- Build an enterprise level project management strategy for Justworks and implement the vision with operational responsibility.
- Formulate organizational goals and objectives as it relates to project management
- Oversee progress of the project management goals, which includes overseeing the outcomes of all projects under your purview
- Perform cost and risk management.
- Hire, train and motivate employees.
- Build and foster high performance teams ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with internal key stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence.
- Manage project resource staffing needs against the project pipeline to ensure that resources are available for upcoming engagements.
- Drives continuous improvement as it relates to Project Management practices and stay informed of industry developments and best practices
- Ensure that methodology and approach are consistently implemented across the business.
- Foster a culture of continuous development, performance accountability, feedback, and performance coaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of project management experience with at least 3 years of experience delivering large complex projects (portfolio of projects) with multiple project tracks
- 5+ years of direct management and leadership experience
- 5+ years of PEO and Health Insurance industries experience preferred
- Process management/improvement in the area of solution/implementation delivery methodologies strongly preferred
- Scrum/Agile experience preferred
- Project/Program Management Certification preferred, not required
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.