- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re the go-to person for identifying customer needs. You understand the business objectives that a product should fulfill, and are determined to craft your creations accordingly. You’re eager to contribute your visions and strategies to a creative, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
As a Product Manager, you will be working collaboratively with Design and Engineering to deliver product/features in line with Justworks’ internal and external business needs. You will be responsible for guiding the iterative improvement process, scoping and guiding products to launch, and creating metrics and goals around such products.
Is looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial Product Manager, Marketing to help us build and maintain the growing digital presence of our brand on our public-facing marketing websites. This role is responsible for managing and delivering digital products and website experiences that stand out in the competitive landscape and are aligned with our mission and strategic objectives.
The Product Manager, Marketing sits on a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and web producers and reports to an Experience Design Manager. Together, we create experiences that are memorable, helpful, seamless, and give people a taste of what it’s like to be a Justworks customer. If you’re someone who values moving quickly, working iteratively, and innovatively driving product initiatives across the company - we’d love to hear from you.
What You Will Work On
- Manage all marketing website and content platform projects end to end, including project plans, quality of deliverables, dependencies, and outcomes.
- Establish a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company, which meet the most important needs of our buyers and support business objectives
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in website and/or app development + delivery
- Experience managing teams using scrum and/or kanban agile methodology
- Familiarity with user experience and interactive design best practices
- Basic knowledge of CRM/CMS tools (Salesforce, Pardot, Contentful, Mailchimp etc.)
- Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian, Asana, or other project management software
- Excellent facilitation, written, verbal, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services
- Able to impartially evaluate conflicting priorities to recommend the best path forward
- Energized by solving complex product problems
- Strong leadership, organizational and execution skills
- Growth minded and able to bring positive energy in the face of adversity
Please note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.