- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
The Project Manager on the Health Insurance team is tasked with the end-to-end management of Health Insurance projects that impact our customers and overall team. The person in this role will drive cross-functional projects that improve the customer experience on Justworks and keep Customer Success, Sales, and Operations informed on the project details.
The Project Manager is the conduit between the project team and the rest of the organization: they are expected to understand what each department needs in order to execute initiatives, and to communicate those needs to other members of the project team. They are also expected to advocate for those needs to the project team, to set and manage expectations within each department, and to produce deliverables such as training materials, documentation, presentations, and project updates. Success in this role is not just about project completion - it is also about instilling confidence in the rest of the organization and in reflecting on a project’s outcome for future improvements.
The person in this role will work closely with the other internal-facing teams within CS, Sales and Operations, as well as Program Management, Legal, Finance, and Product teams as appropriate for each project.
What you’ll do
- Own and lead cross-functional projects for Health Insurance across Sales, and CS, especially those with discreet timing, deadlines, and launch timeframes that affect customers and employees
- Work with stakeholders to determine necessary processes for the CS, Sales, and Operations team to support projects
- Be the primary point of contact for other teams at Justworks during projects and looping in members of CS, Sales, Operations, Product, Marketing, and Legal as needed
- Keep the stakeholders, including leadership, up to date on the status of projects, key decisions, and any changes as they happen
- Proactively surface risks to the timing and execution of a project, and propose contingency plans
- Lead, publish and share project post-mortems to celebrate wins, identify opportunities for future improvement, and learn from our experiences
- Schedule and lead weekly meetings to discuss the status of the project and change course or raise risks as necessary.
- Agile, CAPM, or PMP certification preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional environment, ideally in the PEO/HR/benefits space; career path in customer service or operations preferred
- Project management experience, preferably in a software development environment
- Experience in tech/SaaS a plus
- Basic Excel and/or SQL knowledge required
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, and/or other project management tools
Please note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.