- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is looking for a Senior Product Operations Manager to join our Product Strategy and Operations team. In this role, you’ll play a key role in helping scale the organization via repeatable processes, communications, and behaviors. You’ll be responsible for developing, managing, and improving processes designed to help Product Management, Design, and Product Marketing meet their goals quickly and effectively. In many ways, this role will function like a Chief of Staff position for the Product department.
You’ll own, design, and implement processes that create alignment between Product and the rest of the organization. You’ll be responsible for driving internal readiness, creating a tight product feedback loop, and ensuring other departments have a clear understanding of Product’s priorities and roadmap. You’ll work with Product leadership to help manage and run the annual product planning process and ensure that strategic goals and priorities are aligned across multiple product teams. To start, this is a highly cross-functional individual contributor role, with the opportunity to build out and manage a team longer-term.
The Justworks Product team is a group of collaborative, fun, smart, self-starters who love to build and are on a mission to support small businesses and their employees across the country. Product team members at Justworks can expect to build products that create a lasting impact on our business and drive long term growth. We’re passionate about building beautiful, data-driven products that are mission critical for all small businesses.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
You’ll be responsible for building strong connections with the Product organization and member & customer-facing teams (Customer Success, Operations, Marketing, and Sales) and driving a tight product feedback loop, and coordinating smooth transfers of information.
- Be a champion for product throughout the rest of the company
- Help manage, coordinate, and run the annual Product planning process and subsequent roll out of annual product strategy and priorities within the organization
- Design systems and processes to maintain strategic alignment across multiple product teams
- Own internal communications and transfer of knowledge between Product and the rest of the organization
- Develop and help manage training programs across Product functions (onboarding, recruiting, etc.)
- Drive launch operations; implement systems and processes (in partnership with product marketing, sales, customer success and others) that ensure internal readiness for customer-facing teams within the organization
- Implement effective systems to collect, quantify,& prioritize product-related feedback and challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development. Uplevel the understanding of how the product is being used in the real world
- Own and manage the administration of shared systems and tools across Product teams
How You Will Do Your Work
In any Product Operations role, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 5-7+ years of experience in product operations, product management, or a chief of staff position
- Experience and passion for creating and scaling new systems and processes
- You’re a systems thinker; you take the time to understand the bigger picture and are focused on changing outcomes and behaviors vs. implementing tools and processes for the sake of it
- You’re a relationship builder; you can balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and get buy-in from product leaders and teams
- You’re an awesome program manager with a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs across a variety of stakeholders
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, experienced and comfortable presenting to leadership
- You are detail oriented and have strong follow through
- You have a can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.