- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The Senior Project Manager, PMO in the Project Management Office (PMO) team is tasked with analyzing areas for process improvement and end-to-end management of projects/programs that impact Justworks teams. The person in this role will drive cross-functional projects/programs that create efficiencies, improve collaboration and align to the overall corporate strategic initiatives and goals.
The Senior Project Manager, PMO is the conduit between the project team and the rest of the organization. This role is expected to understand the needs of each department in order to make thorough recommendations; execute initiatives and advocate needs; and communicate needs to other members of the project team. They are also expected to manage expectations within each department, and to produce deliverables such as current and future state process flows, document areas for improvement, SOPs, project plans, RACI, risk registry, presentations, and project updates. Success in this role is not just about project completion - it is also about instilling confidence in the rest of the organization and in reflecting on a project’s outcome for future improvements.
The person in this role will work closely with the other internal-facing teams and external vendors as appropriate for each initiative.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Manage end to end process improvement initiatives, including collaborating with cross functional teams to understand the current state and to identify future state improvement opportunities that will drive efficiency, scalability and will deliver value
- Produce current and future state process maps and other documentation on areas for improvement to illustrate process and workflow changes
- Manage end to end project/programs including owning and leading cross-functional projects, especially those with discreet timing, deadlines, and launch timeframes that affect customers and employees
- Assemble key stakeholders for the project team, direct/motivate and manage the project team, delegate responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure scope/requirements aligns with deliverables
- Create and update project plans conduct recurring status meetings and follow up on action items
- Drive successful completion of projects that align with the strategic objectives of the org
- Be the primary point of contact for other teams at Justworks during projects and loop in key stakeholders throughout the business as needed
- Keep stakeholders, including leadership, updated as needed regarding project changes, key decisions in real time Lead, publish and share project post-mortems to celebrate wins, identify opportunities for future improvement, and learn from experiences
- Schedule and lead weekly meetings to discuss the status of projects
- Proactively surface issues and/or change course (if necessary) and evaluate the risk in relation to the timing and execution of a project, and propose various contingency plans
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Sr Project Manager, PMO, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Agile, CAPM, or PMP certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process management, project management or business analysis preferred
- Process improvement experience, mapping processes and identifying improvement opportunities. Six Sigma or PPM experience is a plus
- Project management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment, with ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Experience with various development and project management methodologies (e.g., lean, waterfall, agile, etc.)
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Visio/Lucid and/or other project management tools
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.