- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager that goes deep on technology capabilities and broad on business impact for our Shared Experiences & Services (SES) team. This team is focused on building building blocks to enable product teams at Justworks to ship more, better, and faster. You’ll be accountable for shaping and executing a vision and strategy informed by the needs of the business, key stakeholders and partners, customers, and your past experience that helps Justworks product teams build better, faster, and smarter.
What you’ll do
- Drive product development across the scope of Shared Experiences & Services—this covers work to make engineers and designers more effective, shared functionality that can be used across product lines, APIs that enable partner experiences, and data products that help our business gain insights to use in our decision making process
- Prioritize and champion the strategy and tactics for the Shared Experiences & Services - make sure the team and colleagues know what’s important, when we’re shipping, why we’re saying yes and no to initiatives.
- Drive alignment on initiatives with stakeholders, ensure we are bought in on why we are making the investments we are.
- Work across functions of the Justworks business to uncover and identify opportunities to amplify their efforts
- Operate at different altitudes—from mapping data extraction, to high level business metrics and goals - and everything in between.
- Keep stakeholders engaged and informed around progress
- Partner with Design and Engineering leads to help grow and expand the team cross functionally
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 5 years of Product Management experience
- Experience with building APIs for private/public consumption, data products/pipelines, design systems or building developer experience products
- Ability to move fluidly between technical capabilities, partner needs/requirements, user experience as well as the ability to go deep into the details
- Strong communication skills - managing internal, external, and developer expectations and capabilities via writing, presentations, and other artifacts
- Ability to navigate business objectives and translate technical projects into business KPIs
- CS or other technical degree preferred but not required
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.