- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As the Sr Manager, Product Marketing, you’ll be responsible for leading, coaching, and developing high-performing teams of Product Marketing Managers. You’ll oversee all Product Marketing capabilities across multiple product domains, including: go-to-market strategy, positioning and messaging, customer, market, and competitive research, driving adoption of existing products and features, and making build/buy/partner recommendations. You’ll partner with Product and Design leadership to influence and craft the overall vision and strategy for your product domains.
In this role, you’ll be a key member of the Product Marketing leadership team, helping to shape and scale the function as it grows. You’ll be responsible for owning and scaling core Product Marketing processes and operations across departments and multiple product-lines, leveling up the team in terms of skill sets and best practices, setting the overarching vision and goals for the team, and ensuring the voice of the customer and market are integrated into everything we do.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Recruit and lead high-performing teams of Product Marketing Managers across multiple product domains. You’ll mentor your teams to improve their skills and empower them. You’ll create psychological safety and a culture of belonging, learning and growth.
- Lead your team to execute on go-to-market strategies that drive ongoing product and feature adoption, growth, and retention
- Work alongside Product leadership to shape the product strategy and priorities for your product domains
- Bridge the gap between Justworks’ corporate-level strategy and the product strategy for your domains, ensuring Product Marketing initiatives and investments thoughtfully align to overarching business goals
- Identify opportunities to drive differentiated value propositions for our customers and product-driven growth via build/buy/partner recommendations
- Own and maintain overall processes and operations for the Product Marketing department, in partnership with product and cross-functional stakeholders
- Guide the team to be strong customer advocates and to leverage market, competitive, and customer insights to influence our product direction and go-to-market strategy
- Guide the team to set, measure, and report on Product KPIs and metrics that ladder up to Justworks’ overall Product strategy and outcomes
How You Will Do Your Work
In any Product Marketing role, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have a minimum of 6 years of work experience in Product Marketing for tech/software products, preferably B2B
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience leading and building high-performing Product Marketing teams
- You have strong analytical skills; you excel at synthesizing market, competitive, and customer insights into clear takeaways and recommendations
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats depending on the need, and revise your approach.
- You have experience working on mobile products
- Experience crafting high-impact marketing plans with clearly defined value propositions and product messaging
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You have a product mindset and track record of working well with and earning the respect of product teams
- Knowledge or experience in HR or payments space a plus
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.