- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The mission of Justworks’ Product Marketing team is to deliver the right product, to the right audience, using the right message. We love using products as a vehicle to represent the voice of the customer and foster strategic innovation by translating our deep understanding of customer and market needs into product opportunities.
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Marketing Manager with experience launching and marketing mobile products.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Justworks’ mobile product team, you’ll be responsible for leading the team’s go-to-market strategy, positioning and messaging, and ongoing awareness, adoption, and engagement of Justworks’ mobile app. You’ll work on customer and market research and analysis that drives ongoing audience definition and influences our mobile product vision and strategy. This role is ideal for a data-driven and growth-oriented Product Marketer that’s passionate about launching and influencing the development of new mobile products and experiences.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead go-to-market strategy and ongoing release cadence for Justworks’ mobile app
- Execute creative and data-driven multi-channel marketing strategies to drive awareness, adoption, and engagement with Justworks’ mobile app (including app store optimization)
- Strategically position and message Justworks’ mobile app to successfully reach target segments and drive them to action
- Represent the voice of the customer by conducting ongoing customer research, market research, and competitive analysis to drive audience definition and influence the product vision and roadmap for mobile
- Develop and refine user personas and journeys to inform marketing strategies and feature prioritization
- Work closely with Product, Design, and Marketing to drive app downloads, engagement, and retention via targeted marketing within Justworks’ existing user experience
- Act as a product expert throughout the organization and effectively communicate the value of Justworks mobile app to key stakeholder groups
- Determine, measure, and report on Product KPIs that align with Justworks broader Product strategy and domain-level goals
- Develop and maintain messaging across external channels that’s strategically aligned to target customer segments and Justworks’ overall brand and company positioning
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Marketing for tech/software products (B2B / B2B2C preferred)
- Minimum of 2+ years of Product Marketing experience with mobile products
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You have strong analytical skills; you excel at synthesizing market, competitive, and customer insights into clear takeaways and recommendations
- Customer-focused; you center your work around the voice of the customer and help others balance customer and business needs
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats depending on the need, and revise your approach.
- Experience crafting high-impact marketing plans with clearly defined value propositions and product messaging
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- You have a product mindset and track record of working well with and earning the respect of product teams
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Proficient with SQL (Tableau is a plus)
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.