- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of our Payment Engine team, focusing on the fundamental infrastructure that powers payments at Justworks. The Payments & Tax Unit (PTU) is responsible for the critical operations of processing payments and taxes accurately and on time.
As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to build, maintain, and optimize applications. You are eager to learn and passionate about improvement. You want to understand how systems work, and you think about how to make them work even better. You understand and use automated testing as a productivity multiplier.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop core application functionality to process payments and payroll taxes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional PTU team across engineering, operations, and product
- Automate manual operational tasks
- Add capabilities to our high-volume, fault-tolerant payment processing engine
- Enhance existing infrastructure to test and monitor the application
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Hands-on experience working with complicated systems at scale (3+ years preferred)
- Strong systems architecture and object-oriented coding skills
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios, CircleCI, DataDog
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.