- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are calm, mature and professional, especially under pressure. You are proactive in overcoming obstacles and removing barriers in solving problems. You are a hands-on leader who will think and act both strategically and tactically to drive the team’s engagement at all points of the customer lifecycle. You are enthusiastic, optimistic and creative with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing individual Account Managers of varied experience.
As one of the leaders of our Account Management group in Customer Success (CS), you will be responsible for guiding our Account Managers as brand owners, product experts and specialists in customer satisfaction and retention. You should be able to communicate and coach effectively to ensure that your team members are delivering and developing at a high level.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead the hiring and expansion of the Account Management team as the company scales
- Coach your team members in reinforcing Account Management best practices, our Customer Success identity and the Justworks brand
- Work closely with internal teams to verify that customer needs and the voice of the customer are heard, understood and prioritized
- Focus on continuous process and quality improvement
- Obsess over key CS metrics of customer satisfaction, health and retention
- Handle general management responsibilities, such as conducting 1:1s, leading regular team meetings, generating reports, and conducting annual performance reviews
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager of Account Management, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one’s decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in customer service or customer success, ideally in the PEO/HR/benefits space
- Minimum of 2 years of people and team management experience required
- Proven experience with mentoring and/or coaching fellow team members
- Track record of excellence and going above and beyond to support your team and customers
- Proactive and eager to take on projects to benefit the team and our customers
- Previous customer service management experience a plus
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Proficiency with CRM and communication platforms; admin experience a plus
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.