- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
In this role, you will be a key influencer who loves discovering how to use data to help us improve, grow and manage our most valuable asset--our people. You are someone who is inspired to solve problems and prove (or disprove) hypotheses using data. You get super excited and are interested in operations, and are motivated to create opportunities to drive process improvements.You are a dedicated customer service professional at heart and a believer in service excellence at all levels, and a lover of systems and technology to drive your decisions.
Your Success Profile
In Customer Support, you will help the team understand and coordinate the ideal staffing levels to meet our SLAs and to deliver optimal customer satisfaction. Reporting to the Director of Customer Support, you will be working across the team to optimize for the ideal configurations that drive employee and customer happiness.
What You Will Work On
- Own customer contact SLAs and report on our effectiveness
- Develop and distribute reports to managers that reflect team and individual productivity
- Forecast team staffing needs based on historical contact data and company milestones
- Collect and evaluate business data using our workforce management software tools to develop a long-term workforce plan and make recommendations that meet anticipated business needs and growth
- Create weekly demand-based schedules for the Customer Support team so we meet our SLAs across all channels
- Effectively blend quantitative and qualitative data, both at a micro and macro level, to develop workforce strategies that maximize the performance of the business and the team
- Collect feedback from all customer-facing teams and managers in Customer Success on how to better balance staffing and account allocations, to achieve top performance
- Provide regular updates to Customer Success and Justworks leadership on incidents that affect customer contact volume, and any resulting trends
- Work closely with Product Support and other internal teams to ensure that product roadmap recommendations match our customer needs and request trends
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager, Customer Support Workforce Planning, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one’s decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Detail Oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience, ideally in a customer service capacity; 2-3 years of workforce management experience required
- High interest in customer service and workforce management as your career path
- Prior people management experience highly preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and interest in data acquisition and analysis
- Wildly collaborative and excited to work with different teams on varied challenges
- Highly independent and able to truly lead a functional area of Customer Support
- Proven experience with building and maintaining customer service workforce management (WFM) models, data and systems required
- Experience in Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud or an equivalent CRM or customer contact system required
- Experience with SQL queries and data visualization preferred; Tableau experience a plus
- Aligned with Justworks’ mission and our core values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity and Simplicity
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.