- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
As a key leader on our Customer Support team, you will be responsible for guiding our Customer Success coordinators as they expertly handle a high volume of customer inquiries that are primarily operational or transactional in nature. In this role, you will focus on maintaining high quality work and achieving customer SLAs as the company and our customer base grows. In addition to our normal Support expectations of responsiveness, personal connection and customer delight, you also will focus on automation and process improvement, with the long-term goal of decreasing this type of contact as a whole.
We are looking for a hands-on leader, who will think and act both strategically and tactically, to drive the team’s engagement at all points of the customer lifecycle. You should be enthusiastic and a creative individual with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing individual team members. You will work closely with other teams within Justworks to improve our customer communications, refine internal processes and update the customer-facing product to streamline and simplify the CS employee and Justworks customer experiences.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Own all outbound and high-velocity transactional emails with customers, as well as replies to our campaign-driven service emails
- Lead a team that cares about this work and is passionate about improving Justworks customer experiences
- Focus on automation and decreasing the total number of contacts required by your team
- Manage the Customer Success JIRA queue assignments and related SLAs
- Collaborate with our Manager, Customer Communications, and share feedback from customers on current email campaigns to make them more effective in the future
- Work closely with Product Support and other internal teams to ensure that product roadmap recommendations match our customer needs and request trends
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager, Customer Support, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one’s decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Passion for helping customers and colleagues with the genuine desire to improve the quality of service we provide as well as the experience of our team members
- Proven experience with mentoring and coaching fellow team members, or previous customer service management experience
- Proficiency with CRM and communication platforms
- Ability to identify service trends and present a path to resolve them
- High interest in data analysis, operations, and automation and excited by opportunities to drive process improvements
- Able to write/pitch feature requests that include use cases, data and impact statements
- Wildly collaborative and excited to work with different teams on varied challenge
- Superior customer support skills and comfort handling challenging situations over the phone - ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new products and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- PEO, payroll, benefits, or SaaS experience preferred
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.