- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a champion of navigating through spreadsheets and have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly, but you’re also a creative thinker who loves to solve for operational inefficiencies, backend internal puzzles, and are curious about the world of managing and growing different products.
This is the perfect role for someone who has accounting experience, but would like to gain exposure to other components of the business.
We’re helping people by providing them a world class benefits experience. Our Commuter, Fitness, and Mental Health programs are evolving, and growing rapidly within Justworks. Here you’ll have the opportunity to help redefine the way the team manages invoices for our multiple programs, troubleshoot escalated case scenarios related to billing, interface with our vendors to drive product improvements, act as the key liaison to our finance team, and contribute data driven analysis to assess how we’ve done so far, and where we should be looking ahead.
What You Will Work On
- Reconciling and auditing invoices and large data sets for all programs under commuter, fitness, & mental health programs as part of Justworks Benefits Programs.
- Work as the key point of contact for all finance and accounting related queries, and manage monthly reporting and recordkeeping.
- Perform day-to-day operations and troubleshoot escalated case scenarios related to billing and system bugs
- Work with third party vendors to resolve escalated issues - enrollment errors, plan coding issues, and payroll file failures
- Triage incoming issues/inquiries to identify need for engineering, finance, or compliance intervention and escalate accordingly
- Collect customer benefits data and other sensitive information through proprietary systems to enroll customers in third party service offerings
- Identify and remediate issues by either creating and maintaining operations tools or working with product and engineering to improve systems
- Coordinate system implementation of new benefits and report changes in systems/procedures across teams
- Maintain and execute regular filing and/or any additional regulatory duties
- Maintain vendor and internal partner SLAs
- Pull extensive weekly, monthly, and yearly KPIs to assess the health and performance of programs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As an Analyst on the Wealth & Wellness team, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail Oriented and Analytical
- Clear Communication and Good Judgement
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to assess and analyze data
- In-depth knowledge of SQL to query Justworks’ internal system for projects, product changes, KPI analysis, and incidents
- Mastery of Jira to review ticket flow and efficiency for the team
- Mastery of Confluence to document new and existing SOPs for product changes and operational flows
- Mastery of Justworks’ internal system
- Strong cross functional partnership internally across finance and product and engineering teams, as well as externally with vendors
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel required
- SQL knowledge required
- Knowledge of Employer Sponsored Benefit Plans a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with great time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong project management and execution skills
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.