- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Are you focused on and committed to helping people? Do you love breaking down complicated concepts into simple terms and solving problems? Are you a smart, motivated self-starter looking to join a fast growing company with top notch culture? The customer success team at Justworks owns many worker’s compensation administrative tasks for our customers.
As a Workers Compensation Coordinator you will work within the Customer Success team to help collect the necessary information to compile relevant worker’s compensation documents for Justworks’ clients. You will be able to blend together operational and time management skills by working cross-functionally to resolve inquiries while aiming to maximize operational efficiency.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Draft and send customer documentation requests related to worker’s compensation such as certificates of insurance, reports, claim documents.
- Work with Account Managers within Justworks to ensure all documentation requests are completed within the appropriate timeline
- Craft outbound emails to customers regarding documentation requests; follow up via phone and email when necessary
- Update internal resources and instructions as changes occur to ensure all information is current, streamlined, and easy to follow
- Manage queue of open issues to deliver timely and effective solutions regarding a customers’ documentation requests
- Contribute recommendations for improving the data collection and documentation production processes as applicable and with the Workers Compensation team.
- Provide documentation to customers to report facts and data regarding accident reports and filed cases. Ensure the timely processing of workers compensations claims to internal Justworks parties.
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Workers Compensation Coordinator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one’s decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Must be available to work in New York City after Remote work period ends
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience
- Prior customer service worker’s compensation experience is highly preferred
- Driven by creating operational efficiencies in processes
- Comfort handling high volume situations; ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new processes and information
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Excited by opportunities to drive process improvements
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.