- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
Passionate about tech? Interested in Energy? Come work for Kayrros, a fast-growing start-up using artificial intelligence to transform the world’s biggest industry.
Kayrros is headquartered in Paris, with offices in New York, Houston, London, Bangalore and Singapore. By working for Kayrros, you will join an energetic team of 100 people, with diverse professional backgrounds—from data science and petroleum engineering to sales and marketing—and over 15 different nationalities and 10 spoken languages.
Kayrros is the leading global asset observation platform built on fundamental science, strong R&D and leading technology. Harnessing satellite imagery, geolocation data, textual information and multiple sources of unconventional data with machine learning, natural language processing and advanced mathematics, Kayrros monitors and measures energy, natural resource and industrial activity worldwide.
Our team of energy experts and tech wizards are working to bring transparency to the global energy market. Combined with our expert analysis, we give our clients valuable information on global market movements to make better business decisions—whether that’s trading, investing or managing their operations.
- In September 2018, Kayrros received €21M in Serie B funding to continue breaking the boundaries of the energy market.
- Interested in operating at the intersection of energy and the data revolution? Get in touch!
- We are currently recruiting for our Paris office,
A Junior Analyst (6 months)
The team you will be joining
For this position you will be joining the Carbon Watch team. Currently consisting of 4 people, we developed a tool to monitor regulated carbon emissions in Europe, broken down by country and sector, based on the full range of Kayrros technologies. As the product becomes more mature technically, we need to better understand what part of the data matters most, how it resonates with other Kayrros products and finally how clients can leverage all this data to make sense of what is happening on the ground.
Working in hand with data scientists and the product engineers, analysts contribute to the whole downstream life of the projects: testing the product, getting the most insights out of the data, identifying weka points and creating compelling content and stories for clients is at the heart of the job.
This also means that while assigned to the Carbon Watch team, you will contribute to other Kayrros projects by drawing the links between all related products.
As an Analyst, you will have to:
- Understand market data and context
- Dig the most value out of the products to produce relevant content
- Challenge the data and draw links between the products (and associated teams)
- Continuously provide ideas to create content, improve products and take part in all team decisions.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for a six-month internship starting in between January and March 2022 and you want to join a fast-growing start-up.
- Strong analytical skills, autonomy and creativity: you will drive your work
- Passionate about discovering uncharted territories
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn about the energy industry
- You can work in a fast-paced environment
- You can communicate clearly in English, including with non-technical people
- You are willing to contribute actively and have a real impact to the company success
- Optionally, experience with some components of our current data stack: Elasticsearch, Pandas, Scikit-learn
Why joining Kayrros?
- We are a young, fast-growing tech company and are extremely passionate about what we do.
- We are located in the WeWork building on Rue la Fayette, 75009 (free drinks, events and a vibrant atmosphere).
- You will work with an international team and practice your English (or Chinese, German, Swedish, Portuguese...) on a day to day basis.