- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Passionate about tech? Interested in energy and climate action? Join Kayrros, a fast-growing startup using artificial intelligence to transform the world’s biggest industries.
Kayrros is a leading data analytics company that monitors and measures energy, natural resources, and industrial activity using proprietary algorithms. We combine satellite imagery, data science and advanced mathematics to create unique insights and customer-specific solutions for better decision-making.
Our team of experts and tech wizards are working to bring transparency to energy and the environment, from crude oil tank volumes to methane emissions. In just five years, the Kayrros team has grown to include 140 experts in data science, mathematics and energy, representing over 20 nationalities and 10 spoken languages. The team works from 6 offices around the world in New York, Houston, London, Paris, Singapore and Bangalore.
In 2021 alone, Kayrros was recognized as a member of French Tech’s Green 20, signed a landmark contract with the European Space Agency and was acknowledged in the latest UNEP Global Methane Assessment report. Kayrros is building a team of talented people to positively disrupt the world’s biggest industries and reshape the future of energy and the environment.
- Join us to make a difference!
- We are currently recruiting for our Paris office, a Data Scientist M/F (6 months)
- The team you will be joining
For this position you will be joining the Carbon Watch team. Currently consisting of 4 people, we developed a tool to monitor regulated carbon emissions in Europe, broken down by country and sector, based on the full range of Kayrros technologies. As we expand our coverage to the whole world and the entirety of CO2 emissions, we need to explore more data and more models, and this is where you come in!
Data scientists have a central role in Kayrros. Working in hand with analysts and the software engineers, they contribute to the whole pipeline of projects, including scoping projects, identifying and collecting data, constructing features, designing models, visualization, testing and improving products with clients.
This also means that while assigned to one main project within the Carbon Watch team, you will contribute to other Kayrros projects.
As a data scientist, you will have to:
- Understand market data and context
- Formulate problems considering available data and value of information
- Design, implement and test solutions to these problems
- Continuously provide ideas to improve products and take part in all team decisions
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for a six-month contract starting between January and April 2022 and you want to join a fast-growing start-up.
- You have a strong quantitative background and are passionate about machine learning, statistics, operations research. You are very interested in various topics including deep learning, NLP, machine learning applied to time series, image and signal processing. You demonstrate experience in a least one of these areas
- You have strong programming skills in Python, Machine Learning libraries, data visualization packages and data manipulation. Experience with Kubernetes and AWS / OpenIO is preferred
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn about the industries and their impact on the environment
- You can design and deliver working prototypes in a fast-paced environment and then put them into production with the help of software engineers. This includes “getting your hands dirty” when needed.
- You can communicate clearly in English, including with non-technical people
- You are willing to contribute actively and have a real impact to the company success
Why joining Kayrros?
- We are a young, fast-growing tech company and are extremely passionate about what we do.
- We are located in the WeWork building on Rue la Fayette, 75009 (free drinks, events and a vibrant atmosphere).
- You will work with an international team and practice your English (or Chinese, German, Swedish, Portuguese...) on a day to day basis.