- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Data Science
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be involved and responsible for full ownership and driving key data platform initiatives and life cycle of the data management including data ingestion, data processing, data storage, querying system, cost reduction efforts towards delivering product features to internal and external KT customers.
We are looking for strong engineers to grow our Business Intelligence team. The BI team is responsible for driving the KT’s Master Data, analytics, and visualization vision. The team works in three areas: Building a data platform for data ingestion, providing data access on a federated scale, and enabling KT teams to get to data without requiring deep technical expertise.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading and driving from requirements, scoping, design, development, deployment of data management systems and infrastructure for building and supporting new features.
- Scaling up the ingestion pipeline, data quality, processing system while maintaining SLAs on performance, reliability, and system availability.
- Measuring and continuously improving ETL execution times, cost of running data processing jobs in production, rate of experimentation, reducing iteration time to help you and the teams make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Leading new design and data architecture for near real-time features.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in Data Development, Data Warehousing, and Analytics
- Strong background in Python development with experience building & running large-scale data pipelines and using technologies like Snowflake, Spark, Airflow
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Java, Python, and/or Scala
- Experience in data modeling and data architecture optimized for Master Data and Data Warehouse design patterns.
- Familiarity with a containerized platform like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent automation, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of operations and building distributed systems at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.