- United States
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
Are you seeking a role where you can spread your wings with one of the most incredible legal teams of all time? Do you want to take on challenges with people who are trying to build a high-impact and efficient team (not just legal, but company-wide) and who share your desire for excellence? Do you want to take on complex matters and business counseling, including matters of first impression in a dynamic field, while advising a rapidly growing business to be the best in the industry? Do you care about delving into an intoxicatingly interesting space aching for innovation? Do you desire growth by working cross-functionally with a highly collaborative company? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel with a strong focus on Partnerships to join the legal team at KT. Interest in other areas is a plus, with opportunity to support other transactional matters. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Deal Desk, Order Management, Revenue Accounting, and Sales teams leading legal negotiations and contract redlines. You will be a member of the Commercial Contracts Team, reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel who sits in Sacramento. This role can be remote within the US. We anticipate excitement, growth, and development, as KeepTruckin is a dynamic company with a complex and ever-growing business in one of the most important industries in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support customer sales.
- Your primary focus will be on SaaS subscription agreements, hardware sales, and order forms.
- Provide practical and decisive guidance to Order Management, Sales, Deal Desk, Finance and other business partners that balances business objectives with legal risk.
- Help create contracting standards, templates, and approval processes and workflows.
- Support other general corporate matters, including marking, procurement, business development, and special projects from time to time.
- Use your experience gained from supporting sales transactions by providing input on process and policies to help drive KT’s grow
What We’re Looking For:
- JD from an accredited law school and active membership in at least one US State bar.
- 5-8 years of experience working on commercial transactions with an emphasis on SaaS and IoT hardware.
- Practice at a major law firm and prior in-house experience at a technology company are strongly preferred.
- Ability to support a high volume sales organization with commercial contracting matters.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different departments to reach consensus on whether to accept non-standard contract terms. Ability to contribute to, and iterate on, a contract playbook of terms.
- Eager to work in a team environment and support other areas of the business.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, write clearly and concisely, and manage people and tasks to deadline.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently
- An individual with a great sense of humor and no ego who shares our vision that the legal team can be both a center of excellence and fun at the same time!
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.