- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will be involved and responsible for full ownership and driving key data platform initiatives to improve the life cycle of the data management including data ingestion, data processing, data storage, querying system, cost reduction efforts towards delivering product features to internal and external KT customers.
We are looking for strong engineers to grow our Data Platform team. The Data Platform team is responsible for driving KT’s Data Engineering vision. The team works in two main areas: 1. Building a data platform for data ingest, access, processing, and the querying system to enable KT product features. 2. Building Micro Services that expose data to our backend product teams.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
You are excited about this opportunity because you will have:
- Opportunity to drive the new product initiatives within KT.
- Opportunity to learn and contribute to data-driven products.
- Opportunity to learn and grow in data engineering technologies.
- Opportunity to make an impact across hardware and software.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading and driving from requirements, scoping, design, development, deployment of data management systems, and infrastructure for building and supporting new features.
- Scaling up the ingestion pipeline, data quality, processing system while maintaining SLAs on performance, reliability and availability of the system.
- Measuring and continuously improving ETL execution times, cost of running data processing job in production, rate of experimentation, reducing iteration time to help you and the teams make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Leading new design and data architecture for near real-time features.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Self-starter and someone who takes and drives initiatives.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services
- Experience building and running large-scale data pipelines, including distributed messaging such as Kafka, data ingest to/from multiple sources to feed batch and near-real-time/streaming compute components.
- Experience in data-modeling and data-architecture optimized for big data patterns.
- Able to build and debug data systems: Defining metrics and datasets, monitoring and debugging of logs, and analysis of the symptoms of issues.
- Familiar with current distributed systems literature and the life cycle of the data infrastructure.
- Strong background in Python development with Linux. You write clean, correct code while iterating on experiments in Python. The ability to understand and contribute to Go software is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the infrastructure e.g. K8s, CI/CD, Docker, and others.
- Excellent automation, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of operations and building distributed systems at scale.
- Good understanding and experience of building data and machine learning systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.