- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Software Engineering
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
As a Platform Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to work on core engineering problems around scale, resiliency & reliability and help multiple product teams design scalable distributed systems across varied application needs. We are looking for a strong engineer who has experience working with distributed systems at scale.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and work on the highest impact problems within engineering, lead technical discussions and decisions across multiple backend teams and deliver scalable solutions that can be adopted by those teams.
- Design and implement high performance, scalable, reliable and resilient core services that can be leveraged by other product teams to build scalable & fault tolerant products
- Develop tooling and automate processes to ensure KeepTruckin’s backend works well as a distributed system.
- Help in debugging & solving critical infrastructure issues across multiple backend services
- Provide mentorship, both formally and informally to engineers at KeepTruckin across multiple teams.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling the backend Keeptruckin systems and the teams running them.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in building highly scalable services keeping in mind reliability, resiliency, testability and observability
- Strong coding skills in one or more languages (like Ruby, Go, Java, Python etc)
- An eye for solving large cross cutting problems with tooling and abstractions
- Ability to debug complex systems
- Mature understanding of making the right trade-offs between ideal and pragmatic solutions
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.