- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Business Development
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About The Role:
Kong’s web presence is the cornerstone to our user acquisition strategy and our users’ first impression of our company and products. The Growth team is looking for someone who will act as the lead product manager to help drive the vision and overall success of Kong’s web presence.
This role will work closely with our marketing, product and executive teams to understand our audiences and build the appropriate web journeys for them. You will be responsible for driving our SEO and web content strategies, measuring and improving the performance of our website, as well as driving the capabilities for our underlying web technologies, all towards the goal of increasing visitor traffic volume, improving website engagement and driving web leads. You are an expert in understanding customer web journeys, and the content and information architecture necessary to support those journeys.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive our web roadmap by working with cross-functional partners to develop features and strategies that addresses stakeholder needs and business goals.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex web projects in collaboration with the design, UX, research and development teams.
- Own IA/UX improvements: Assess current and future requirements and develop an information architecture that makes our content more accessible and the website experience more engaging.
- Work closely with product marketing to determine the right tone, voice and imagery for our brand across digital assets.
- Conduct full funnel analysis of acquisition efforts to develop performance dashboards, identify inefficiencies, plan opportunities, and implement experiments that drive sustainable and profitable growth.
- Ensures consistent implementation of standards, web experiences, and processes across all public-facing digital properties.
- Maintain operational and communication cadence with business stakeholders and cross functional partners to set, align, and reinforce expectations and solicit feedback.
- And any additional tasks required by your manager
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience managing projects in a website strategy role, preferably for high-growth B2B SaaS.
- Proven track record of driving complex, cross-functional projects to success within a dynamic, high-growth environment especially in remote work environments.
- Proficiency in using Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Salesforce, Data Studio, and similar products and using that to inform decisions.
- Hands on experience using A/B testing tools (Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc)
- Experience working with designers to build and maintain high quality UI/UX
- Confident creating and giving presentations to passionate executives and stakeholders
- Experience working with enterprise project management tools, like Asana and Jira
- Experience with JAMstack is a plus (we run Gatsby, headless Wordpress, Netlify)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.