- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
Kong is looking for a Business Systems and Intelligence leader to build out business insights and analytics required to plan and operate our business. In this role you will build, mentor, and operate a high performing team using data driven approaches to drive decision making and deliver critical cross functional reporting and analysis in the Finance and Business Operations organization.
You will be a trusted partner to all of our operations team across the company. The insights you make will help accelerate the growth of Kong and build the foundations of a data enriched company.
You will create business analysis, visualization, data science and data management and governance platforms and systems. You will be creative and have a proven track record to lead cross-functional BI projects to deliver actionable business insights to our leadership teams. You will utilize deep analytical and technical expertise to shape decisions and deliver key performance metrics and reporting. You will have deep experience in Business Intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Looker, Domo or similar systems that can harness data across multiple areas as well as guide the architecture of interfaces with Netsuite, SFDC, and adjacent upstream and downstream systems. You will have the intellectual curiosity to dig into unexplored areas with counterparts to mine valuable insights, provide visibility, and inform critical recommendations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the primary data analytics lead for Kong’s Finance and Accounting teams, defining and monitoring metrics, creating data narratives, and building tools to drive better financial decision making across the company
- Convert analytical insights into concrete, meaningful recommendations for go-to-market, business line, and overall company improvements, and succinctly communicate these findings to various partners and leadership
- Generate actionable insights from data, models and analytics to drive business decisions and priorities with executives and sales management
- Develop thought leadership around the use of financial data and advise senior leaders across the company on how to launch, scale, and optimize their business lines
- Develop real-time metrics dashboards to manage key financial and operating levers of the business
- Establish and drive strategic and operational projects leading to data-driven decisions and to manage our business across Sales, Marketing, CX, Eng and Product, Finance and Operations
- While a strategic role, you will remain very hands on in the building of these platforms with intimate knowledge of the cross-functional data flows and dependencies, as well as establish key pieces of documentation for broader roll-out and alignment
- Manage technical teams to build scalable data architecture
- Write requirements for new systems or processes to align groups across the company to drive sound implementation and scalable processes
- Create and manage a Data Governance model to ensure data integrity and accuracy within the Analytics team and with partner teams
- Develop cross-functional alignment on adjacent critical path business systems such as: new vendor assessment, implementation milestones, and systems architecture
- Build an intimate understanding of our key performance metrics across all groups of the company and be able to harness data across multiple platforms
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience building and managing a Business Systems and Intelligence team
- Strong analytical background and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with enterprise SaaS business models, developing and analyzing business metrics
- Consumption, Product-led Growth or Platform-based monetization experience
- Strong data analytics and problem-solving skills, with an ability to harness disparate information and data into consolidated workflows
- An excellent communicator - you know how to create strong relationships across various departments, speak their language and create world-class programs together
- Strong proficiency in Excel, knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g., Tableau, Looker, SQL)
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.