- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
The Data Platform team at Kong is tasked with building and maintaining a data architecture to focus engineering, drive growth, and build innovative new features and capabilities for our products. As a Senior BI Engineer, you will build and maintain a modern data stack that empowers our Product, Sales and Marketing teams to make data based decisions. You will help build, run and analyze experiments that change and improve Kong and our own processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a foundational role in designing, building, and championing a modern data stack to support internal use cases including: product analytics, cross-functional business intelligence and operational analytics
- Create systems and processes to empower cross-functional teams like Product, Sales and Marketing to guide operations and influence product development
- Define and track key high level product metrics; meanwhile, deeply analyze granular data to uncover insights and opportunities
- Design and manage experiments to move business metrics forward
- And any additional tasks required by your manager
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer or data scientist in business intelligence.
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs.
- Experience in building out data infrastructure and systems: warehouses, pipelines etc.
- Extensive experience with querying and manipulating large and complex datasets with SQL & Python
- Nice to have: experience with out-of-the-box tools common in a modern data stack: Segment, Fivetran, DBT, etc.
- What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.