- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Design & UI
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
You’ll be responsible for delivering a great user experience for Kong’s products and services.. The design team is responsible for creating the brand experience users have in their first interaction with Kong and ensuring that we deliver on that promise in the product itself. As the Director of Product Design at Kong, you’ll focus on leading, developing, and growing product designers while also pushing innovation in design, quality and process within your team and across a product, engineering, and leadership teams. You’ll be called upon to work through design challenges large and small, from the interactions of user onboarding to complex workflows. You’ll sit on the product leadership team and be responsible for communicating the priorities of the product design team, defining goals and ensuring alignment to help establish a shared vision across the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build a world class product design team leading all aspects of design across Kong’s product line, including our upcoming next generation SaaS connectivity platform
- Partner with PMs and engineers to lead the user experience of a product from conception to launch and beyond
- Drive clarity of plan, strategy and vision on key design priorities with product managers, engineers and other key stakeholders
- Design leading-edge concepts through execution of product design work, by taking new features from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to production
- Push the boundaries of what we deliver in terms of design quality. We care deeply about both product strategy and execution, and you will be involved in raising the standard for both.
- Drive regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Build and manage a team of great designers.
What you’ll bring:
- You are a voracious learner, who loves to dig into design mysteries and have the creativity to solve complex usability problems
- Demonstrable track record in leading strategic thinking across a product space, developing product design goals, and making decisions based on the impact to Kong’s users and the company needs.
- You have a proven ability to transform defined customer needs and business goals into estimated plans with appropriate resources
- Interaction Design experience including defining and evangelizing how an experience should behave based on understanding our user’s needs. This includes demonstrating how an innovation will scale and how an interaction will work.
- Experience coaching teams through the process of planning, navigating trade-offs, and creating meaningful user experiences
- An in-depth understanding of human-centered design methods, design thinking techniques, and design tools
- A track record of getting others to participate in, and contribute to, the design process
- Demonstrated presentation and communication style appropriate for executive-level audiences
- Ability to create a learning environment where designers grow and expand skill-sets, techniques and tools
- Suggested 5+ years manager experience