- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role
We seek a highly motivated People Operations Coordinator to join our growing team. The ideal “Konger” will bring enthusiasm to the team, and exhibit maturity to discreetly and respectfully support a variety of needs across our People team. You will be responsible for managing various onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as assisting to optimize people operations processes designed to enhance productivity at Kong.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in managing Kong’s HRIS system (Namely)
- Manage Lattice, including information, context on its setup, and MBOs
- Ensure all employment verifications are followed up on in a timely manner
- Maintain and suggest improvements to our company wiki & HR information/templates (Confluence & Google Drives)
- Act as an ambassador for Kong, to new hires and existing Kongers, in all forms of communication
- Research efficiencies for company tools
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack
- Develop effective onboarding and offboarding procedures and efficient workflows
- Onboard employees including:
- Manage record data and data entry inputs, including I-9 verification for US, passport/visa outside of U.S.
- Partner with Talent & EX teams to manage new hire data and ensure a seamless transition from candidate to
- Coordinate applicable tax, benefits forms & agreements
- Serve as back up in performing orientations
- Assist with benefits enrollment processes
- Offboard employees including:
- Prepare and execute the Konger exit materials in a timely manner
Schedule HRBP exit interviews
In The First Two Weeks, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Kong.
- Rapidly begin learning about Kong’s history, culture, and vision.
- Learn all HR tools and processes and begin to learn the details of multiple HR systems and their purpose.
- In The First Month, Expect To
- Begin to meet with team members in a variety of 1:1 meetings and working sessions. • Confidently handle a variety of incoming requests and daily tasks.
- In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Begin developing a rapport with team members across the organization and begin to learn about each function.
- Take ownership of People team processes, systems, and tools, including managing the regular reporting and auditing needs.
- In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Be an operational pro, managing daily tasks, problem solving issues that arise, and introducing new innovative processes to the team.
What you’ll bring
- 1 year of experience as a People Coordinator or project management experience working cross functional with global teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related
- Previous experience working in a startup or hyper growth environment, a plus for working remotely and collaborating with remote global teams
- Not afraid of using new tools/applications. Passionate about learning and adapting to new technologies. Meticulous attention to detail, a love for working with data and ability to maintain data with 100% accuracy.
- Pro with G Suite & above average with Excel, using shortcuts, formula functions, pivot tables, and charts Fantastic organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Experience and confidence interacting with leadership
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and act upon them to gain efficiencies in a rapidly scaling environment
- Excellent knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and able to manage your time independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Full understanding of HR functions and keeping up with best practices
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.