- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
In this role you will report directly to the Senior Director of Talent and dotted line into the Senior Engineering Recruiter. It will be your responsibility to generate a pipeline of candidates for our hard to fill Engineering roles. This role may eventually evolve into a full cycle recruiting role, but the expectation right now is to help accelerate the top of the funnel. In this role, you will also work with the Sr. Engineering Recruiter to run launch meetings with hiring managers for all new roles, setting and managing expectations on both ends, gather feedback from candidates and hiring managers and help coordinate the candidate experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consistently generate a healthy pipeline of high quality candidates for technical and non-technical roles
- Partner with technical recruiters to understand hiring profiles, needs of the business and to drive candidates through the hiring process.
- Partner with hiring managers and interview teams to understand their hiring needs and goals
- Create and execute unique and effective sourcing strategies and techniques to find top talent
- Engage, screen and schedule candidates for relevant openings and assist them through the recruitment process; provide a quality professional recruiting experience
- Stay consistently engaged with active candidates through the entire recruiting process.
- Be the market knowledge expert and provide insights to recruiting and hiring managers at the company
- Work with the rest of the recruiting team to assist with driving initiatives and developing processes -- referral program, company happiness, retention, training, etc.
- Become a brand ambassador and help with networking and recruiting events
What you bring:
- A friendly and welcoming attitude in person and over the phone
- 6+ years experience in a sourcing, recruiting or a recruiting function
- Experience sourcing Kubernetes, DevOps and Full Stack engineers
- Knowledge of technical sourcing with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Experience sourcing and researching through different social media channels
- Desire to become a full cycle recruiter and help grow the recruiting team
- Self-motivation, strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to build networks, both internally and externally
- For more information about Kong, please visit https://konghq.com/ or follow @thekonginc on Twitter. 2019 Kong Summit Highlight Video
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.