- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About this role:
As our first IT Operations Support, you will maintain all of Kong’s SaaS applications and give our staff the necessary tools they need to succeed . We’re looking for someone to provide excellent customer service and support to our staff and maintain the day to day operations for IT.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure Kong’s day to day IT operations are addressing the needs of our global workforce and are operating from a strong security and compliance position.
- Troubleshooting for all IT-related topics and in-depth research to find the best technical solutions.
- Responsible for Ticket Queue: Manage inbound support requests via tickets, email, and Slack. Be an escalation point for Kong’s IT Help Desk Partner. Ensure support tickets are addressed, SLA’s are met.
- Administering a wide variety of SaaS apps; provision/modify/remove access as needed: Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Atlassian, Zoom, Office365, 1password, etc
- Responsible for our IT On-boarding: Coordinate w/ EX team to ensure pre-boarding tasks are complete. Coordinate w/ IT Manager on purchases and hardware deployments. Coordinate with IT Help Desk Partner on account setup.
- Responsible for our IT Off-boarding: Coordinate with IT Manager & HR for any off-boardings.
- Responsible for Zoom Room and Zoom Hardware maintenance.
- Responsible for IT Inventory: Coordinate with IT Manager on hardware and software inventory
- Support Kong’s Audit’s by ensuring that our IT infrastructure is secure, compliant and documented.
- Collaboration with other department stakeholders including technical projects across a suite of cloud based software tools.
- Develop procedures, processes, DR plans, instructions and other materials as necessary.
What You’ll Bring
- 4 years of experience working in an IT Operations, Support, Helpdesk role.
- Experience with administration of Google Workspace, Slack and Zoom
- Experience with administration of Okta: SSO, IDM and Role Based Access
- Experience with administration of Atlassian: Jira Software, JSM, Confluence
- Experience with MDM maintenance: JAMF and Intune
- Experience working with Compliance and Infosec teams; with audits such as SOC-2 Type 2 & ISO 27001
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems (macOS, Windows 10/11, Linux Ubuntu), network (Meraki), systems administration, and phone systems (future)
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Good grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Desire to succeed tempered by maturity and a good sense of humor.
- Experience working with remote teams while using tools such as Slack or Zoom to support remotely
- Google Workspace Administration
- CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+
- Okta Administration
- Jamf 200
- Intune Administration
- Jira Administration
- Ability to work in our San Francisco office (2-3 Days)
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.