- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
As our first IT Systems Engineer, you will maintain all of Kong’s SaaS applications and give our staff the necessary tools they need to succeed . We’re looking for someone to automate and develop Kong’s IT infrastructure.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You’ll Do
- Ensure Kong’s day to day IT operations are addressing the needs of our global workforce and are operating from a strong security and compliance position.
- Troubleshooting for all IT-related topics and in-depth research to find the best technical solutions.
- IT Projects: including the design, deployment and maintenance of current and new IT systems and services, such as OKTA, JAMF, Intune, Atlassian (Jira Software, JSM, Confluence).
- Responsible for our MDM solutions for endpoints: JAMF and Intune. Tasks include reviewing best practices for both platforms, performing updates on Policies and Configurations to address: Onboarding experience, Asset management, Endpoint compliance and security posture, Software tracking, Access to resources.
- Responsible for OKTA: SSO, IDM, Integrations, Role Based Access, etc.
- Responsible for Atlassian: Jira Software, JSM, Confluence. Project templates, maintenance, etc.
- Be an escalation point for Kong’s IT Help Desk Partner. Ensure support tickets are addressed, SLA’s are met.
- Administering a wide variety of SaaS apps; provision/modify/remove access as needed: Google Workspace, Zoom, Office365, 1password
- Support Kong’s Audit’s by ensuring that our IT infrastructure is secure, compliant and documented.
- Collaboration with other department stakeholders including technical projects across a suite of cloud based software tools.
- Develop procedures, processes, DR plans, instructions and other materials as necessary.
What You’ll Bring
- 4 years of experience working in IT Engineering.
- Experience with MDM deployment and maintenance : JAMF and Intune
- Experience with Okta SSO, IDM and Role Based Access
- Experience with Atlassian: Jira Software, JSM, Confluence
- Experience working with Compliance and Infosec teams; with audits such as SOC-2 Type 2 & ISO 27001
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems (macOS, Windows 10/11, Linux), network (Meraki), systems administration, and phone systems (future)
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Good grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Desire to succeed tempered by maturity and a good sense of humor.
- Okta Administration
- Jamf 200 | 300
- Intune Administration
- Jira Administration
- Google Workspace Administration
- CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.