- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Product Management
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Community Manager to join our growing team. This role is critical to managing our global developer community for Kong’s Developer Marketing team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about nurturing and engaging a technical community to help developers across all aspects of their user journey from bringing in new users to providing ongoing support for existing ones. This includes working with a diverse team of Developer Advocates and engineers.
This individual should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong understanding of the technical challenges developers face, and a dedication to helping developers get started and succeed with Kong’s products.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with cross-functional teams to set the social media and community engagement strategy
- Own the overall social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube) and community engagement strategy to nurture and engage developers and drive awareness for Kong in the channels they live
- Own all of Kong’s outbound and inbound developer engagement and act as a direct point of contact
- Maintain consistent community support across all developers channels
- Manage Kong’s presence on platforms such as GitHub, Quora, Reddit, Slack, and StackOverflow by responding to questions or triaging to the Developer Relations team
- Own community programs including contributor programs, Kong Champions, and user calls
- Own and maintain the community management platform to track the community across channels and identify engagement opportunities
- Build an active influencer program so that Developer Advocates, engineers, and ELT are engaging with the developer community
- Anything else required by manager
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in community management, social media, or a related role
- Experience building, nurturing, and growing open source communities
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience working with remote team members
- Proven experience as a project manager in a cross-functional role
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Data-driven approach to community management
- Enthusiasm to stay on top of the latest trends including the ability to spot bleeding edge topics
- Proven ability to learn new technical concepts and rapidly drive impact
- Experience working with developers and technical leaders
- Domain experience in the cloud and SaaS space, including self-serve models a plus
- Experience building communities for a combination of open-source and open-core products