- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Product Management
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a developer advocate to join our growing team at Kong, with a focus on service mesh. You’ll be customer number zero for Kuma/Kong Mesh and responsible for ensuring that our community can get up and running easily.
You’ll be responsible for showcasing common mesh use cases through blog posts, live streaming and conference talks. You’ll also get hands on with the documentation, building demos and interacting with the community on GitHub, Stack Overflow and more.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Helping everyone (internal and external) understand what service mesh is, and why it’s important
- Working closely with the mesh engineering team as customer zero to represent our community
- Ensuring that common use cases are simple to achieve using mesh
- Engaging with the community to understand what their needs are and how Kong can help enable them
- Building and maintaining demos that showcase mesh features
- Writing blog posts and recording videos to help share those mesh features in a way that’s easy to understand
- Helping out other advocates on the team with their work on k8s, API design and other interesting topics
What You’ll Bring
- Empathy. For our customers, for the team, and for yourself.
- A working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a written manner and in person
- The ability to build demos and write tutorials for a variety of audiences
- Experience working remotely, or excitement to be part of a remote team
- Flexibility to adapt to new opportunities as they arise in a fast paced environment
Top 3 Qualities
- Deep in the k8s ecosystem
- Experience building distributed systems, especially around failure scenarios
- Constantly trying to make common tasks easier. If something takes 5 steps, can we make it take 4 for 80% of our users?