- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Product Management
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
You’ll be Kong’s first official developer educator! We’re looking for someone to work with our existing developer advocacy and developer marketing teams to produce content that attracts developers to Kong and enables them to be successful across a variety of mediums.
That means writing blog posts, producing videos and presenting live streams. It also means keeping an eye on what content is performing well (and what isn’t) in order to inform where we focus our efforts going forward.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Showcasing all the things that Kong products can do!
- Building a content calendar that showcases our OSS, Enterprise and Community contributions in a balanced way
- Guide and work with external contributors to ensure we publish high quality educational content
- Monitoring external communities like Stack Overflow, Dev.to and Slack to identify new pieces of content to create
- Collaborating with Developer Advocates, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other colleagues to grow and improve the Kong content output in terms of variety and scope.
What You’ll Bring
- Empathy. For our customers, for the team, and for yourself.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a written manner and in person
- Video production and editing experience (or the desire to learn)
- Flexibility to adapt to new opportunities as they arise in a fast paced environment
- Experience working remotely, or excitement to be part of a remote team
Top 3 Qualities
- Looking for an opportunity to learn new things
- Excited to teach others about new topics through variety of channels
- Want to help others become better educators (run writing workshops, providing reviews etc)