- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Management
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Interested in joining a team of passionate, top-notch marketers? We’re looking for an A-player who loves a fast-paced, high-performing environment and thrives on results. You are a team player who flourishes under constant change and is always looking to improve and grow as a professional. You enjoy big challenges and are a self-starter who can help us get to the next level. In addition, you enjoy working with like-minded individuals who will work hard side-by-side to help you succeed.
In this Marketing Coordinator role, you will support various marketing programs and activities across Marketing Communications, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Events & Partner Marketing, and Developer Marketing. This is a part-time contractor role, reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications.
What You’ll Do
- Own the marketing staff meeting agendas and discussion notes.
- Create monthly newsletters for internal and external audiences.
- Assist with end-to-end content creation including writing, staging blogs, video editing, transcription, and syndication.
- Assist with managing Kong’s global Meetups including backend setup, swag fulfillment, and speaker management.
- Social media management including scheduling posts, monitoring mentions, and identifying users and influencers.
- Coordinate raffles and gamification for digital campaigns and events.
- Own swag management for events, Meetups, and contributors. Identify & maintain a list of target Meetup & speaking opportunities.
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS in marketing, communications or a related fieldVideo editing experience
- Basic knowledge of Canva and/or Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Motivated self-starter who is curious by nature and eager to learn
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.