- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About The Role:
Kong is seeking a Regional Sales Leader to help us build and grow the Kong API platform. You are a seasoned industry leader who will lead our sales organization in the DACH region and drive business results and revenue. Reporting to the VP of EMEA, this senior leadership position will have ownership and accountability to ensure Kong maximizes our market potential bringing in new customers as well as growing our existing clients. This leader will work closely with our other senior leadership to ensure decisions are driving the overall Kong business goals and our long term vision continues to thrive.
You will play a part in reshaping and leading the incredible growth of Kong. It is the intention of the leadership team to build a high quality, sustainable and strong sales organization. To date, a significant amount of Kong’s success has been gained through the quality of our product, our global account base, our adoption by the open source community and by inbound leads. You will build and strengthen a quality, scalable, regional sales team focused on acquisition of new brands and targeted account plans. Kong is the perfect environment for you to have a significant impact and grow our amazing company. We are a people first organization and expect you to be the same.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be leading and mentoring a fast growing DACH team of account executives
- You will be scaling the team quickly, with a large focus on recruiting, onboarding and ramping new hires
- You will work closely with the the Regional Vice President of Sales to drive Kong’s success by adding new sales opportunities to the pipeline and closing them
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of experience building and leading high-performance sales teams at a high-growth SaaS company, selling a complex technical product
- 5+ years of experience successfully selling SaaS solutions in a field sales capacity
- Experience accurately forecasting and managing pipelines
- A history of scaling teams quickly, with knowledge of how to effectively recruit, train and ramp new hires
- The ability to work cross-functionally, partnering closely with marketing, enablement, operations and other orgs within the company
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.